Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Basket O' Strawberries

One of my colleagues (M) is getting married on Saturday so we decided to throw a little surprise party for her at the last minute.

I was asked to make a cake for the party at the last minutes so I knew it had to be quick and easy. M likes chocolate so I used Dorie Greenspan's infamous Devil's Food Cake smothered in a chocolate buttercream. The outside is decorated with Pirouette cookies.

M is getting married in the Grand Tetons National Park so I thought the rustic decorations were perfect! Congratulations M!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is my ALL TIME FAVORITE cake! I love the Broken Cookies around the sides and the Strawberrys -- the ribbon is so cute! This is even something I could maybe do because it looks fancier then it is. I'm just not sure about getting the cake even and the icing... I forget how hard it is to frost a layered cake like that and to make the cake look even - not lopsided. You are amazing! What a cute idea. I'm still waiting for you to tell me that you want a business partner, because I'M ALL IN BABY!!! :)

Maria said...

KYM I WANT A PIECE!!! THIS CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I am glad you did Dorie's cake again. It is so tasty! I love the berries and the cookies on the outside. SO gorgeous!! You really are amazing!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

This looks so yummy I can almost taste it! Do you share recipes? If you start a business and need a taster...I'm all in!!!!

jen jen said...

hay kym thanks for doing my B-day cake it was so cute and good!!!