Monday, March 1, 2010

Christmas Stripes


I know it's been a while since Christmas but I wanted to make sure I posted these cute cookies. The recipe is from Martha Stewart's "Cookies" cookbook. There are hundreds of cookie recipes in the book including everything from simple chocolate chip to extravagent ginger with chocolate. I have been wanting to buy the book for months but decided to hold out to see if someone would give it to me for Christmas. Lucky for me (and everyone who gets to eat the treats when I make them) my Sister gave me the book on Christmas Day!
These cookies are a little challenging to make. You have to prepare the batter and then spread it into a thin layer in the shape of a rectangle. Red food coloring is added to some of the batter and then the rectangles are striped using a piping bag. After the cookies are baked they are rolled up while they are still hot.
I think the cookies are supposed to be crispy. Mine turned out a little chewy but they were super yummy! If you're up for an adventure these are fun to try. You could even stripe them with green for St. Patrick's Day or pink and purple for Easter!!!

2 comments:

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

darling! hope i get to see you before your move...your mom is going to miss you so much! good luck and enjoy the new adventure! maryland is sooo lucky to get you!

Amy Martin said...

Yummy! Wish you could bake for me, I'm not a baker! Then again, maybe not, I would eat everything! My mom said you are moving. Good luck!