Thursday, October 18, 2007

Finally...

















Well it took me a few days but here is some of the great food from Conference weekend.

We met Cindy, Larry, Leslie, Chad, Rorie, and Kerry at Spaghetti Factory. The food was…Spaghetti Factory food. I get the same thing every time I eat Italian…Three Cheese Ravioli. I did like the Spumoni though. But it was most fun just to catch up with everyone.

On Saturday, Dad, decided to make Cinnamon Rolls. These rolls are from the famous Williams Sonoma baking book. They looked fantastic and tasted pretty good. Dad is definitely up for the monthly Daring Bakers Challenge.



We had a fun quesadilla dinner on Sunday with Nic and Bret and the kids. I think everyone had fun and liked the food (a miracle when you are trying to feed 4 adults, three and a half kids, Grandma and me (I haven’t figured out which category I fall in yet!)).


I also made a Tivoli Torte from the Junior League of Colorado cookbook. Each layer was made with ½ cup of batter and then broiled for 1 minute. The cake was not sweet enough and the frosting was too sweet. It was not my favorite but it looked pretty cool. Definitely a “been there done that” recipe. I am definitely ready for some more baking though…we’ll see what comes next.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun food weekend! Everything looks great! Love the cake layers...and yes, your dad should join Daring Bakers:)

Nicole said...

I thought the layer cake was yummy! And I'm realizing that I never got a taste of the cinnamon rolls! What happened there? Any left in the freezer?

jen jen said...

i go with my mom. those look like heaven! the frosting...the juicynes!!!!!!!!! delightful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!